Monday, August 22, 2011

On mid-submission of Facebook assignment



So the deadline is over. As Prof said it is more for him to give us comments than for grading, I believe it is quite important too. We already spent two nights at SoC, pushed each other on Saturday (just before deadline, I know) to make the page work “functionally”. The page is up, and partly working as we expected, however what important is we only have about 10 days to complete it. And there are lots of features waiting to be added. I guess there are more nights at SoC are waiting too =).
About the process, I think I’ve improved a lot in terms of preparing before deadline. Yes I don’t want to let my teammates down (and, I received a warning from Prof Ben too). More than that I think this is a chance to learn what I really like, so I spent almost every time I had on the project. It turns out that I learnt a lot too, especially PHP, since I am quite familiar with MySQL, HTML and Facebook API already. About Facebook API, I have seen quite a number of complaints about it from my friends :P. I suffered about it too in the summer, but then I really appreciated it. Why? Since when you can work with the poorly documented Facebook, you can easily adapt and work with others :P. Twitter is an example in my case.
By the way, the Facebook/iPad seminar is coming, and 3 in our group don’t receive an iPad yet. As our assigned app works on both Facebook and iPad, I guess we can only concentrate on Facebook if we cannot have the dear iPad2 this weekend :(

2 comments:

  1. By the way, the Facebook/iPad seminar is coming, and 3 in our group don’t receive an iPad yet.

    iPadv2 won't be coming next week. Whoever asked your whole group to ask for the v2? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have a discussion about that though. Btw the grouping was due after we decided which iPad version to take lah :( Guess I should have indicated "which iPad did you request" when choosing team members :P

    ReplyDelete