Monday, August 22, 2011

Reflection on lecture 3


So it has been 3 lectures hah. Time flies so fast when you concentrate doesn’t it? Ok here are my thoughts about the lecture then.
I was quite impressed by the power of HTML5, not by the presentation slides but by the “SVG girl” clip. Wah it looks amazing like a cartoon, 3D cartoon. And how fast it rendered! I liked the geo-location feature too (it somehow related to what I am going to do for the mobile assignment), and beside the <canvas> is quite cool. Last Saturday, the CSS workshop, Kent shown us a clock rendered dynamically, now there is even a fish tank with 750 fishes swimming! And yes, I really feel the need to pick up CSS3 and HTML5 fast, really fast then.
The other part of the lecture was kind of an advertisement for Microsoft product lah. IE9, the Mango phone and Microsoft Azure. From what I see, there is certain advantage using IE comparing to Chrome and Firefox from the rendering speed perspective, but it is not enough then. If there are more and more HTML5 web app, Chrome and Firefox are going to adjust their browser too. In my opinion IE is not gonna taking back the browser cake then. The same goes for the Mango phone, as I think first their UI is not as intuitive as Apple’s, and their apps market is not as good as Android’s.
Last, just a quote from Prof Ben “the world is moving toward mobile, social and cloud”. Figure out what to learn next? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment